I wrote an entry last night but my computer froze and I lost it before I could post it. Bummer.
Thank you for all of your prayers. I just read over all of the prayer requests that I posted on May 19...and I realized how busy God has been in my life. I was almost too proud to post my prayer needs but I really had to. Thank you for praying and I praise God for listening and responding.
So what's new over here? Lots of course. It is time for 4 of our staff members to go home and we are getting 7 new staff members this week. My house is going to have 17 new staff members by June 1st. Crazy! We are having a goodbye dinner for 3 staff members in an hour or so. One of my bunkmates, Chrissy, is leaving. So, I'll be getting a new bunkmate too.
I can not believe I've been here for 2 months already! I don't know about you but it has flown by for me!
My friend from high school, Molly Cronin, spent the last two nights at our hostel. It was really cool to have someone from Wheeling, WV here. We didn't get to spend too much time together, but we were able to have breakfast and lunch together today.
We had a staff day two days ago. It involved biking out to the countryside, kayaking and canoeing through canals , eating dinner at a pancake house, biking some more, and riding a ferry home. It was all free! We also had lots of sunburns and a few bike accidents caused by massive piles of horse poopon the bike path, but other than that it was great!


5 Comments:
That's awesome that you all were able to participate in so many FUN and FREE activities!!
Was Molly's visit random or did she know that you worked there? She was always such a dear...and i'm sure it was fun to see a familiar face.
Take care...love
jess
I'm so jealous I missed the staff day! Oh well, comes with having extended vacations I guess, so I shouldn't complain. But I missed the one in winter as well.
It is funny that you said Molly is such a dear because Amanda Kowalski always thought Molly's brother was a deer. That Amanda...
She knew I was working here because I talked to her parents a few times. It was cool to see her. She's going to Cleveland Conservatory. That's a big deal. It is strange to see what my musician friends are up to. Later.
Hey, Melissa. We miss you in Fairmont. There has been a job posting for the Poky Dot for the past two or three weeks. They could never replace you, though! It seems that many people have been praying for you and that you got through the rough times from your earlier May posting? I printed your prayer requests and gave a copy to my pastors. I have also been diligent in having my kids pray for you each Wednesday night. You are so strong and passionate in your faith, God will lead you through the difficult times. We visited a church in Athens, OH (to look at the building, actually) on Sunday and the preacher said it is during adversity that we find out how strong we really are in our faith. You are doing wonderful and are an example to ALL of us. God bless you and I can't wait to see you. Love always,
Aunt Lynn! I miss you guys too. I have been wanting to write you an e-mail but my arms have not been up to it. Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home