The latest...
I just read a very detailed e-mail from my dad. It was so good to hear what has been going on with my family back home. Many will be glad to hear that my mom pulled up the carpeting on our sun porch. (Something that I have wanted to do for years). Good job mom!
I received my official teacher's certification for West Virginia. I am actually really excited about it! Certification is just as important as a degree these days in the world of education(at least that's how it seems). So, I feel like now I have officially earned my degree. It feels good.
I am in the middle of a big project here at the hostel. I am helping to re-do the patio area. Our hostel's patio was uninviting before and was also a bit of a mess. First of all, our cleaners and a maintenance man helped clean and repaint our shed and a big wall; they got rid of our bike cemetery; and disassembled a big metal shelving unit that no longer served any purpose. Then I hid a bunch of junk that was hanging out in our garden, built and painted a table, did some weed pulling and dirt removal, and moved furniture around. Next, I am going to go trash hunting for spare wood in my neighborhood tonight. Then, I will make chinese curtains as barriers to hide our garbage cans, recycling bins, oil containers, etc. There are some other plans, but I won't bore you.
I love projects!
European christians celebrate petecost this weekend. They also celebrated ascension day on May 5th. It was a national holiday! Yesterday when I woke up I walked into the kitchen and there was a huge pan of fresh croissants and large glass bottels of real-fruit smoothies. Our house parents treated us all (35 people) to a great breakfast. It was so thoughtful!
I am doing well and am overwhelmed with the joy that God gives me. Love you all!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home