Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Almost Christmas

Tues and Wed I felt like the whole Amsterdam Shelter thing had just been an elaborate dream. It seemed so far away and dream-like. Now the time I spent in Amsterdam seems real and I'm starting to miss it. What do I miss? I miss my roommates, and managers. I miss the people.

I have one friend in Wheeling. Guess what, she's moving to North Carolina next month. So as of January 8th, I will no longer have any friends in Wheeling. That's a harsh reality. The bright side is I have friends a little over an hour away by car.

Ohio County School's Human Resources contact person has not returned my phone call. Therefore, I do not know if or when I can start the substitute teaching job. If this job falls through I'll look for waitressing job.

I came home to a pile of unopened mail and found a huge envelope from the wilderness camp I want to go to this summer. Well, there was a packet in the envelope that had to be filled out and returned by Dec 14th, and I didn't know the packet existed until Dec 21st. The letter that was enclosed in the packet said that if they don't recieve the packet by the deadline I would no longer be considered for scholarships. I called my student representative and he said I could have an extension so I think it will be ok. I mailed the packet out on Dec 22nd. It will be a miricle if they give me any money.

On a brighter note...The weather is beautiful today. I went on a walk with a long sleeved t-shirt on and I got hot walking up my hill. It's wonderful to be back in the "mountains." Last night there was a bluegrass jam and contra dance in my town. Is this heaven?

My sisters and I are going skiing next week. Should be fun. I'm going to learn how to snowboard this winter if it kills me. There are slopes 10 min. from my house which is convenient. Bigger ones are 1-2 hours away.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my church buddies tonight. They're all my parents' age but I still consider them to be buds. Apparently, my church has an evening service once a month for young adults so hopefully I'll meet some people my age. Well, those are my current ramblings. Oh yeah, I just started "East of Eden" by Steinbeck. I'm going to go and read it on my parent's deck while drinking egg nog. Mmmm. Later.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a safe trip home! Remember a little over a year ago we were hiking (climbing?) Mt. Cardigan? I hope some of the adventures in the land of the United States involves some climbing and serious fun outdoors! See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home