This morning a former cleaner stopped by...
We had to blacklist this particular cleaner this past summer because he went crazy. He wanted to be fired so badly he smoked a joint in our garden completely naked. He was always trying to get me to fire him, sometimes by insulting me. The garden escapade definitely pushed me over the edge.
I've kept in touch with him through e-mail and he's been doing better and better. He left Amsterdam at the end of the summer, and moved back to the US. Today he showed up on our doorstep.
It's amazing to see what God has been doing in him. He told me all he wants in life is to be friends with God. He said he justs reads his bible, and prays, and walks around every day. He wants to volunteer at a homeless shelter in Amsterdam. He seems so normal and down to earth now. It's amazing. He looks so much healthier too now that he's off drugs. I kind of admire him. All he brought to Amsterdam was a sleeping mat and a really small bag of stuff. He's completely dependent on God and all he's doing in life is seeking God and not material things. He gave up music, which was his passion, because he said it was the center of his life and he wants God to be his center. The beauty God can bring out in people is amazing!
On a different note, my buds from WV left today. I had such a great time with them! They were such a blessing to me and to the Zolder missionaries.
I have three weeks left at the Shelter as of tomorrow. I really can't believe my time over here is almost over. I think once I'm back in the states I'll really start to realize how amazing my time over here has been. I do still have 3 whole weeks to savor!
I've overdone the typing and my arm is spazzing. Have a great day!


2 Comments:
He is with God again. It's beautiful. I hope you will get to see him for yourself.
Hey Melissa,
It was great hanging with you. Sounds like you had a wonderful day--look forward to seeing you in December.
Post a Comment
<< Home