Wednesday, November 09, 2005

9-11

Yeah, dutchies write the day first followed by the month then the year so today is 9-11-05. Strange. I don't think there should be more than one 9-11 per year. Just curious, do all european countries write the date like that?

Today is my roommate Nynke's 25 birthday. Some of us went to a cafe at the top of the modern art museum to celebrate. Nice view and a nice time.

I've always wanted a sandwich maker and guess what, yesterday I came home to find a new toastie machine and a sandwich maker sitting on our kitchen counter.

A bunch of people from West Virginia including THE BILLY WILLIAMS AND GRETA TOM are coming to Amsterdam in a little over a week! You have to understand that these are a few of my favorite people in the whole world. They're coming over for 9 days to serve at the Zolder church plant. Hey Billy, if you read this, who else is coming over? Anyone I know?

Things are really slow at the Shelter these days. We are fully booked for this weekend which will be nice. My life is so laid back and relaxing right now. I'm loving it.

Love ya'll.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger nic said...

Remember to tell billy and greata all the great stories so they can relay them back to us. Hope the visit totally encourages you. I will be praying for you all.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks Nic. Hey remember how huge Tara's suitcase was when she came over here? Was it under the baggage allowance or did she just get away with having a huge suitcase?

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Marco said...

Not only Europeans write the day first, and then the month. To my knowledge, pretty much everyone outside of the United States writes it that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home