Saturday, April 23, 2005

Epiphany

God is so patient with me. He teaches me the same truths over and over again because somehow I seem to forget them over and over again. I ask God, "What do you want me to do with my life?" And he replies, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself." (Matt 22:37) All I have to do is remain focused on God and all things will fall into place.

This morning I picked up Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest" and turned to today's date and here is some of what I read:

"The only concern of Christian workers should be their concentration on God...once our concentration is on God, all the limits of our life are free and under the control and mastery of God alone. There is no longer any responsibility on you for the work. The only responsibility you have is to stay in living constant touch with God, and to see that you allow nothing to hinder your cooperation with Him...We have no right to decide where we should be placed, or to have preconceived ideas as to what God is preparing us to do. God engineers everything; and wherever He places us, our one supreme goal should be to pour out our lives in wholehearted devotion to Him in that particular work."

Amen!

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey seester!
I check your blog all the time, and have enjoyed reading about your adventures! hope your back is getting better. How were the gardens? You think you're old...I'll be 25 next week! haha Quarter of a century! :) Where does the time go? Annie went really well, I'm sure the "grapevine" filled you in on all the excitement. I was so thrilled with how it all went...I even shed a few tears on opening night! I'll be glad to have some extra time though now that it's all over. Talk to you soon, and take care.
Love,
Jess

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

Great words from Chambers. That is one of the joys of reading the classic Christian writers - they see the truth so clearly and express it so well. If everyone involved in ministry remembered that particular truth, think of the joy they would experience! (Try reading some John Owen or J.C. Ryle sometimes.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home