After two long weeks of waiting for the Human Resources Dept. for Ohio County Schools to come back from break...they finally picked up the phone! And guess what Meghan, I talked to the secretary of the scary woman and didn't have to deal with the scary woman at all!!!! Long story short...
I got the job! WooHoo! I was supposed to start working as a substitute teacher today, but it turned out to be a day off instead. (I didn't get called into work.)
Here's the long version...
The super duper nice secretary of the mean spleen woman listened to my story about how I used to teach for Ohio County, then I was out of the country, but Ohio County has my signed contract, and the board approved me on Aug 23...
Her reply? "Oh, well, if you're on the payroll you can start tomorrow."
Payroll troll on the phone, "Yep, you're still on the payroll. Looks like you can start tomorrow."
I was amazed. I thought I would have to talk to mean spleen woman and I would get the run around and wouldn't be able to start until Feb.
I don't know how often I'll get called into work. Tons of old teachers are retiring and they get first dibs on sub jobs. How many "days off" will I get every week? Hopefully not too many.
That's my good news.
Here's my bad news...
12 people died in a coal mine in West Virginia last night. They were 2 miles deep in the mine on Mon when there was an explosion. 13 people were trapped for 1 & 1/2 days. Carbon monoxide. One survivor.
A few hours before the bad news was announced a rumor spread that there were 12 survivors and oned person dead. Euphoria.
Then, a few hours later, when the bad news came a swat team and troopers were breaking up fights and trying to control the crowd.
Pray for the families, they've been through more than they can bear.


6 Comments:
oooh. i'd heard the rumor. those poor families...they are in my prayers.
melissa!!!! you got the job!!! with no scary woman!!! haha, i am excited for you. ok, now i'll email you.
hey melissa. i'm in the states. so strange.
congrats on the job! great that it's coming together.
condolences for all the families that were affected by the disaster.
loved all your rhymes in the post. ;)
Welcome back to the states Laurissa! I've been praying for you and thinking about you!
So your back in the states? I was actually in West Virginia last night. In Bethany. I hope all is well with you!
thank you ever so much for your prayers melissa! they've been greatly needed. that's for sure!
love you :)
Bethany is like 30 min away from my house!
Post a Comment
<< Home