Saturday, August 20, 2005

Prayer Need

PLEASE pray for my little sister Michelle! She has been suffering from extreme headaches every day for the last 4 1/2 weeks. She has had to go to the emergency room twice in the last week!

The good news is her MRI was perfect The bad news is migrane medicines are not working, and she can't see a neurologist until Oct.

She is not able to sleep at night because that is when the pain is the worst.

Please pray that God would reach out and heal Michelle in a way that is obviously God and not man. Please pray that Satan and demonic forces would not use this suffering to make Michelle, me, or the rest of my family question God's goodness and faithfulness. Pray that Michelle would be protected from evil; I know Satan wants her and wants to use this suffering to pull her as far away from God as he can.

Michelle starts her senior year a week from Monday. She currently is scheduled to take 5 A.P. courses, and is the captain of the speech and debate team. So, please also pray that God would take away these headaches quickly, as she will have a very difficult time funcioning in school with them.

Thank you so much for your prayers. They carry so much power and are so needed.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Melissa and everyone who has been praying for me throughout this ordeal. It means soooo much to me!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had asked for my xanga site. It is www.xanga.com/meechelleshocked18

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Michelle,
Have they just given you "rescue" medicine for migraines or have they started you on a prophylactic? I had Relpax and it worked well if I only took it once or twice a month, but stopped working if I took it multiple times a week. A month and a half ago they started me on 75 mg Amytriptlyene - a low dose of tricyclic antidepressent- too low to work as an antidepressant, but so far it has completely stopped my migraines! I would definately ask to be put on a preventative for migraines- there are many more than just amytriptylene. It took a couple of weeks to stop having some of the side effects, but now my head is finally normal.
I'll be praying!
beth

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
I appreciate the advice. Relpax was the first medecine they had me try, but it didn't work. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a migraine. I say unfortunatel because there are so many well- knows medications on the market. I just recently started on an intidepressant called Nortriptaline (I spelled that phonetically), and oit hasn't shown any positive results yet, but it could take up to three weeks to be fully effective. Once again, thank you for your prayers and concerns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home