Saturday, August 13, 2005

Double Day Off

Yep, that's right. Two days off in a row! Wahoo! I was thinking about going away for a few days, but all of my spending money is earmarked for a possible trip to Switzerland in October. So, I decided to just hang around Amsterdam. Today I'm going to watch "Ben Hur", start reading "The DaVinci Code", study up on self-sacrifice, and eat "Big American"brand pizza, drink diet coke, and indulge in sweets that my lovely sister sent me all the way from the US of A.

Speaking of my lovely seester Jessica...she has lost some crazy amount of weight like 120-130 pounds!!! Can you believe it? She is the smallest she's been since middle school. It's really amazing. I wish I had some before and after pics I could post. I'm sooooooo proud of her!

Could you please pray for my other darling seester Michelle? She has been plagued with headaches every day for the past month. She went in for an MRI yesterday and her results will come back in a few days. The headaches are leading to sleepless nights. Please pray for her healing.

My mom will be here in exactly one month!!! Yay!
I'm still pretty homesick. I miss friends and family, and WV. God is really taking care of me. He knows all of my spiritual and emotional needs and he provides.

Speaking of emotional needs...so you all know I've been off medication for I don't know, maybe a month or so. I think I'm doing alright but man am I emotional during prayer and worship. I think it's good. This is who I really am. Don't worry, I'm not writhing around on the floor or anything, I'm just so moved in my soul that tears start flowing. I didn't experience this while I was on medication.

So, I'm thinking I might teach for a few years when I go back to the states. Crazy. We'll see. I kind of have to teach for 2 years to keep my certification alive. I would teach general music preferably at a Christian school. We'll see if these are my plans or if this is from God.

Ok. I'm going to go and enjoy my day off now.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm so glad you are enjoying your box of little goodies! I really do think of you quite often...can't wait to get a dose of your antics upon your return to the states in the coming year! Thanks for the weight loss kudos...you'd probably walk right by me on the street and not realize that it was me. lol Rest up and enjoy your days off...Love you lots and of course you're always in my prayers.
Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home