Warm weather has finally arrived! It actually feels like it's May. It's about time. I'm sick of wearing long sleeves and fleece in May.
So, unfortunately I only took one pic at Tara and Nic's wedding and it's blurry. I'm hoping to weasle some pics out of Billy. I'm pretty sure he took a bunch. Basically Tara and Nic's wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to, and I've probably been to over a hundred weddings.
I realized at the wedding and also yesterday at Alldredge that I don't show my feelings through tears as much as most females. The wedding was touching, but I didn't shed a tear.
I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite kids from Alldredge last night and didn't shed a tear. I never cry when students I'm close to leave. It's always awkward because the student is crying and I'm completely composed. When other staff members say bye to the same student they're crying and all sad. I tell myself it's because I have healthy boundaries with my students, but maybe I'm just hard. I don't know.
I got to talk to Adeleida on the phone today. I miss that dutchie! We talk every Monday now and it is a high point in my week. I miss my Shelter people! Ryan from the Shelter is sending me a cd of our open mic nights. I can't wait to hear it! I made a fool of myself at almost every open mic night. Hearing the cd made me miss Marco so much! I miss singing with him and hearing his thoughts on religion and life.
I'm thinking about moving to another area. I've just about had it with the lack of young Christians in this area. I'll be here until August, but then I may hit the road.
Have a great day!


1 Comments:
yay for me and tara's wedding wish i could have chatted with you more. And remember you are always welcome here in charlotte. Call us any time
Post a Comment
<< Home